* 12 teaching sessions (approximately 1 year)
* A yearly salary of 26,000,000 won to 31,200,000 won per year, based
on education and teaching experience.
..(A monthly salary of 2,000,000 won
to 2,400,000 won - i.e. an applicant with a BA in English/Education
.. 3 years of F/T formal ESL teaching
experience could receive 2,400,000 won/mo for 6hrs/ day, 2,800,000
.. for 7 hrs per/day and 3,200,000/mo for
* Another Contract is available for those who wish to work Mon - Sat
at a higher salary.
* An extra month's salary (severance pay) is given for each full and
only full year of employment. The total yearly
..salary in the contract includes the
* YBM offers housing assistance to teachers:
Private accommodation, chosen by
the teacher. YBM will deposit with the landlord up to 10 Million Won
towards an apartment and location of the teacher’s choice. Each teacher
is responsible for the monthly
payments for the whole duration of the apartment lease.
* Teachers are responsible for
making all maintenance and utilities fees for their
..There will also be a Security
Deposit of 100,000 Won deducted from the salary during the first three
..months of employment (for a total of
300, 000 Won) as a deposit to cover unpaid monthly service, utilities
..telephone fees. Upon completion of
the employment contract and apartment lease, the security deposit
is returned in
..full if all utility fees have been
paid for in full; or the remainder remitted to the teacher after all
..service, utilities and telephone charges
have been paid.
* A teacher can also choose to live in a boarding house (rent usually
includes a Korean style breakfast and dinner).
..The rent ranges from 300,000 won and
* Air ticket will be provided from point of hire to Korea,
and upon successful completion, return ticket will be provided
..back to point of hire.
* For local (within Korea) hires, tickets to Japan will be provided
to obtain a work visa.
* Health Insurance
* 50% Korean language lessons at YBM in downtown Seoul
* Motel Accommodation upon immediate arrivals (up to 1 week)
* Severance pay inclusive of your total yearly salary
* 8-10 YBM holidays + all National holidays
* For 2nd year continuing instructors: raise, completion bonus, and
* For 3rd year + (Same as above + Vacation pay)
Deductions withheld automatically from your monthly salary
are: Korean income and residence tax,
social security tax, and medical insurance. Income tax on basic monthly
salary is approximately 5-7%.
Social security tax and medical insurance are 6% and 1.5%, respectively,
of monthly wages.
Check latest exchange rates at: